Understanding Addiction: Moving Towards an Integrated System of Care, September 27th, 2011, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Mary Agatha Furth Center, Windsor, CA. 3 – 6 CEUs available for MFTs, LCSWs, RNs, LVNs, Addiction Counselors, Pysch Techs and Attorneys.
Nationally Acclaimed Speakers:
- Thomas Freese, Ph.D., Director of Training, UCLA Integrated Substance Abuse Programs (ISAP) and Co-PI/Director, Pacific Southwest Addiction Technology Transfer Center (Pacific Southwest ATTC)
- Beth Rutkowski, M.P.H., UCLA Integrated Substance Abuse Programs/ Pacific Southwest Addiction Technology Transfer Center
Who should attend: health, social service, criminal justice & human resource professionals, addiction counselors, public officials, educators, community leaders and other interested individuals.
- Morning – Integration of Behavioral Health Services into Primary Care Settings
- Afternoon – Integrating Care for Persons with Co-Occurring Disorders
Free Community Prescription Drug Abuse Awareness Forum, Thursday, September 8, 2011 at Ukiah Players Theatre, 1041 Low Gap Rd., Ukiah. 5:00 – 5:30 p.m. Refreshments & Music, 5:30 – 7:00 p.m. Forum.
Symposium on Prescription Drug Abuse, Friday, Sept 23, 2011, Noon to 4:00 pm (lunch provided). Fremont Rideout Conference Center, 971 Plumas Street, Yuba City, CA 95991. For additional information and to RSVP
The Substance Abuse Research Consortium 43rd and 44th Semi-Annual Research-to-Policy Meeting, “The Evidence for Integrated Care: Substance Use Disorders, Mental Health and Primary Care.”
- Wednesday, September 14, 2011 – Los Angeles Marriott Burbank Airport Hotel, 2500 N. Hollywood Way, Burbank, California 91505
- Friday, September 16, 2011 – Sheraton Grand Sacramento Hotel, 1230 J Street, Sacramento, California 95814
Please note that each meeting will include the same content. Attendees should plan to attend whichever meeting is closest in proximity to them, or works best for their schedules.
The deadline to register is September 7th, 2011. Reserve your space today!
Eighth Annual Training and Educational Symposium, September 15, 2011, Los Angeles Public Library. Cost: $75.00 (includes breakfast, lunch, and Symposium materials). Register now!
The 2nd Annual National Conference on Addiction Disorders (NCAD), scheduled for September 17-21 in beautiful San Diego, is the premier conference showcasing new ideas and innovations in the fields of recovery and prevention, as well as addressing treatment, administration, finance, technology, and medical issues. Attendees will benefit from a robust agenda, numerous networking opportunities, and can earn up to 36 education credits, including 6 hours of ethics!
NCAD.11 will feature content that focuses on:
- The prevention, intervention, treatment, and recovery support of addiction disorders
- Counseling and clinical skill development
- Addiction Studies Education
- Multicultural issues faced in addiction treatment
- Technology trends and solutions that improve business operations and patient care
- Professional development, business and workforce administration management and operations